Our terms and conditions
These Terms and Conditions apply to all purchases made by you, the customer, from us, Richard Morfoot trading as Fable Jewels from our www.quoins-jewellery.co.uk website.
The term "Quoins jewellery" or "Fable Jewels" or "us" or "we" refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 27 St Oswald's Road, Redland, Bristol, BS6 7HU and trading at office address: 27 St Oswald's Road, Bristol BS6 7HU. The term "you" refers to the user or viewer of our website.
• The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
• Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
• Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
• This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
• All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
• Unauthorised use of this website may give to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
• From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
• You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without Fable Jewels prior written consent.
• Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England and Wales.
1. Product Alterations The seller reserves the right to withdraw products or adjust the price and specification of any product for sale on the website at any time.
2. Orders All orders are deemed as accepting of our terms and conditions and are subject to the Seller accepting the order. The Seller may choose not to accept the order for any reason. Our acceptance of an order takes place when we dispatch the items to you. Acceptance of your order may be dependent on stock availability. We will endeavour to contact you by email in the event of products being out of stock or out of stock with our supplier and there being a delay in delivery to us of more than 10 working days from the day after the order is placed, which is still well within the statutory 30 days. In this situation a substitute product or refund will be offered. We will pay the cost of your returning any substitute products not wanted. If an order contains several items, of which only some are in stock we may deliver these items separately with no extra delivery cost to you. We will notify you by email of a partial dispatch.
3. Personal information and security Please ensure that all information supplied by you, to us, is true, accurate and up to date at all times. It is your responsibility to ensure the confidentiality of your user name and password and you are responsible for all activities on your account. We will take all reasonable care to keep your order secure but in the absence of our sole negligence we cannot be held liable for any loss you may suffer if a third party obtains unauthorised access to any detail you provide when ordering or using our website. You agree to notify us immediately if you become aware of misuse of your username and password.
4. VAT All prices shown on the website include vat at the appropriate rate unless otherwise stated.
5. Pricing We make every effort to ensure prices shown are accurate. You accept that errors may occur and that in such circumstances you will be notified of any alterations before we accept the order. We retain the right to refuse an order if there has been a pricing or description error.
6. Delivery Delivery of the goods will be made to the Buyers address specified on the order. We use Royal Mail and Couriers to deliver our goods, therefore once dispatched, delivery dates and times are outside of our control and as such we can only provide estimated delivery dates. You accept all address details must be given accurately as we cannot accept responsibility for orders delayed or undelivered due to inaccurate information given. The Buyer is responsible for making suitable arrangements to receive the delivery of their order with appropriate and reasonable instructions. The Seller shall not be liable for losses, costs, damages or expenses incurred by the buyer arising from failure to meet estimated delivery date. All orders in excess of £50.00 from our Quoins jewellery website have free delivery for a standard 3-5 day delivery service - unless otherwise stated. For UK orders under £50.00 a delivery charge of £2.50 will be charged and for all Irish & European orders £7.50 will apply. Special next day delivery will be charged at a further extra cost as applicable.
7. Payment Payment for goods is due at the time we accept the order. You confirm that the payment method used is yours and that we cannot be held responsible for any charges you may incur from your payment provider as a result of us processing your payment in accordance with your order. If your payment provider refuses to process your payment then your order will not be accepted and we will not be responsible for non delivery of goods. If you would prefer to place your order and payment over the phone please call 0117 9734883 where we will be happy to help. Please have your credit/debit card to hand when you call.
8. Right to Cancel / Return of Non Faulty goods You have the right within 7 days from receipt of an item or items to cancel your order or any part of your order, by first telephoning us on 0117 9734883 and/or confirming by emailing us at email@example.com. If the item or items have not yet been dispatched we will simply cancel the order and a full refund will be given. If the order has been dispatched you can return all or part of your order within 7 days from receipt of delivery, but please note we need your notification of your intention to cancel or return an item within these first 7 days. Following your notification of a return you then have a further 7 days to ensure the item or items are returned back to the Seller, at the Buyers expense. It is the Buyers responsibility to take all reasonable care to ensure all products arrive back to us and are received in good condition. We would recommend that all goods are returned to us using a signed for tracked service.
9. Return of Faulty Goods On receipt of the goods you have 7 days to notify us that an item or items were received in a faulty condition or do not match the description on the website at the time of ordering. Please notify us by contacting us by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone 0117 9734883. On receipt of the returned item or items we will either; i) refund the full cost, including any original delivery charge if applicable; or ii) send out a replacement item to you using a secure traceable service. Until the products have been returned safely to the Seller it remains the buyers responsibility to ensure the goods are returned safely. We will not refund delivery charges on any products returned as faulty but when inspected on return no fault can be found. Products returned as faulty but found to have been damaged by misuse will incur additional charges, but not exceeding the value of the item plus delivery charges. This clause does not affect your rights of a stock fault discovered in the Warranty period.
10. Ownership Title of the goods remains with the Seller until payment is received in full and cleared. Goods supplied are not for resale.
11. Governing Law and Jurisdiction These Terms and Conditions are in accordance with and governed by the laws of England and Wales and submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. If any part of these terms and conditions is deemed to be ineffective by an English court or regulator the remaining terms and conditions will continue to apply.
If you access this website from outside the United Kingdom you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility for compliance with local laws.
12. Complaints Customer service is extremely important to us and we want every customer to be completely satisfied.
If you have any queries, questions or complaints in regard to anything in connection with Quoins jewellery or www.quoins-jewellery.co.uk please email email@example.com or call us on 0117 9734883 where we will do our very best to resolve the matter as quickly and effectively as possible.
13. Warranty As determined by our supplier all Quoins jewellery comes with a 12 month warranty. If the quality of the goods fails to meet the specifications in accordance with these terms and conditions we reserve the right to replace the goods or faulty part free of charge. At our discretion we may refund the price or a proportion of the price of the faulty goods. Please see 'How to Care for your Quoins'
14. Liability If we breach these terms we are only liable for losses which are a reasonably foreseeable consequence of such a breach. Losses are foreseeable where they could be reasonably contemplated by you and us at the time of entering into these terms.
We are not responsible for losses not caused by our breach, or any indirect losses arising as a consequence of the main loss or damage. We shall not be liable for losses or failure to provide goods where such failure is beyond our control. Our liability to you in connection with these terms shall not exceed the value of the goods purchased.
These terms and conditions do not affect the Buyer's statutory rights as a consumer and apply to all contracts for the Sale of Goods by the Seller to the Buyer and shall prevail over any other documentation or communication from the Buyer. Any variation to these Terms and Conditions will only be applicable if agreed in writing by the Seller.
16. General In order to protect ourselves, our staff and our customers we reserve the right to restrict or suspend use of this website if we reasonably suspect our terms and conditions are not being complied with. Any breach of these Terms and Conditions may result in prosecution. If a court finds in our favour you will be responsible for all court and legal costs.